Emotional Healing. Child of an alcoholic. Young adult depression. Inspiration.

I was once told by a wise woman that emotions are a strong force to be reckoned with. They breathe their own life and have their own destructive force. If one does not allow their emotions both happy and sad to escape and feel acknowledged, they will eat away at the life they live in. My journey in life has been a road filled with many peaks of happiness and many valleys of depression. But through it all I have held those words of wisdom with me. I have always found it easy to release my anguish, my depression, my sadness, and my happiness to those around me who love me and to my best friends “pad and paper.”



With this blog I hope to inspire others to write their emotions on paper, let the forgiving page hear all the words of hurt, pain, contentment, joy. With this blog I hope to inspire myself to forgive all that hurts in my life, to let go of old grudges and to grow, from the inside out.



Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just one Journey

“Imagine all the people living life in peace.” At some point or another we’ve all heard those words sung by music legend John Lennon in his iconic song Imagine. And there are those of us out there that have dissected the words and turned this song into an anthem for peace. I’m guilty of doing it; imagining a life where people are equal, there are no wars, no bullying, no hate or discrimination. And I’m guilty of thinking the only way to do this is for people to love each other, hold hands and sing Kumbaya. But this way of thinking and trying to live life hasn’t worked so far. The Quakers tried, The Hare Krishnas have attempted it, and most notably the Hippies have created entire movements for it, and despite all the efforts people are still bullied, entire races are considered sub par, women earn less for the same jobs and people in love aren’t allowed to marry. Despite everything every inner hippie has tried to do, we’ve been unable to change the world, and I think I’ve figured it out.
            We’ve all worried too much about the world. We’ve felt that we are the world and we need to change it to make life peaceful. And I must admit, I feel that may the wrong way to look at it.
I commit to this new way of thinking. I am the world and I need to change my world to make my life peaceful. If I can stand up for my rights, and help myself than I have a better chance of creating a greater more peaceful world around me. And in turn if we all are responsible for our own lives than we will no longer have to simply imagine all the people living life in peace, we will actually have the opportunity to see it happen.
            So I ask you to try improving one part of yourself. Make yourself happy first, and then see what a difference it makes in the lives of those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment