Emotional Healing. Child of an alcoholic. Young adult depression. Inspiration.

I was once told by a wise woman that emotions are a strong force to be reckoned with. They breathe their own life and have their own destructive force. If one does not allow their emotions both happy and sad to escape and feel acknowledged, they will eat away at the life they live in. My journey in life has been a road filled with many peaks of happiness and many valleys of depression. But through it all I have held those words of wisdom with me. I have always found it easy to release my anguish, my depression, my sadness, and my happiness to those around me who love me and to my best friends “pad and paper.”



With this blog I hope to inspire others to write their emotions on paper, let the forgiving page hear all the words of hurt, pain, contentment, joy. With this blog I hope to inspire myself to forgive all that hurts in my life, to let go of old grudges and to grow, from the inside out.



Friday, January 21, 2011

Divine Dreams

“Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin”
For those movie buffs out there you automatically now these iconic words from a little movie known as Pretty Woman. I recently thought of this line from the beginning of that movie while I was writing at the top of
Mulholland Dr.
overlooking the city. It got me thinking about the nearly 10 million people living in Los Angeles and their 10 million dreams and their 10 million stories, and how I am just one of those dreams.
I am simply a girl with a dream of using my words to inspire those who read my lexis. To use my voice as a catalyst for change, and a source of comfort to those in need. My dream is to create beauty in every piece of life, no matter how mundane or ordinary it may be. My dream is to give everyone a voice.
So I will keep writing and keep creating in hopes that these words touch those who read it. I hope that you will do the same in life. No matter how far fetched your dreams may seem, try to make it a reality. And if they don’t work out there is “always time to dream, so keep on dreamin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment