Emotional Healing. Child of an alcoholic. Young adult depression. Inspiration.

I was once told by a wise woman that emotions are a strong force to be reckoned with. They breathe their own life and have their own destructive force. If one does not allow their emotions both happy and sad to escape and feel acknowledged, they will eat away at the life they live in. My journey in life has been a road filled with many peaks of happiness and many valleys of depression. But through it all I have held those words of wisdom with me. I have always found it easy to release my anguish, my depression, my sadness, and my happiness to those around me who love me and to my best friends “pad and paper.”



With this blog I hope to inspire others to write their emotions on paper, let the forgiving page hear all the words of hurt, pain, contentment, joy. With this blog I hope to inspire myself to forgive all that hurts in my life, to let go of old grudges and to grow, from the inside out.



Monday, October 29, 2012

KISMET KECKLE

There is something bittersweet about a death. It’s bitter and shocking and upsetting when we lose someone we love. We don’t understand the loss and we are angry that we didn’t have more time with our loved ones and sad that we no longer have them in our lives. But there is also something sweet about death. There is something sweet in the way that it brings families together, the way we lovingly remember those we have lost and the way that it makes us appreciate those we still have. I recently went to a funeral in Arizona for my Tia who passed away. And for lack of a better word it was bittersweet. My family was mourning the loss of a woman who was so strong for our family and who was one of the last of her generation in our family and through mourning her we grew as a family. I met family who I’ve only heard stories about and I got to enjoy family I only see once in a very long blue moon. We all reminisced and laughed and cried and we were a big family and that was beautiful to be a part of.

Personally I learned a lot more than I thought I would and not necessarily about life or death but about my own contributions to the world. I was talking with my Tio and we were actually discussing this blog and he asked me why I stopped writing. Unfortunately I didn’t have a good answer for him. I went with the usual I’m busy, tired, bla bla bla, but he saw beyond that. He saw that I didn’t know how to write about the happy side of what so many of us go through. He saw that I needed some inspiration and a kick in the butt to get motivated again; and that’s exactly what he did. He guided me towards a shining ball of inspiring light that I promised him I’d hold on to and really get back to my writing. So here it goes again, I’m going to write again and try to reach all of those who have experienced any of what I have in my life. I want to inspire and show hope and light to our sometimes dark situations. Because if my words can reach just one person I know that it’s all worth it.

It’s sad, like I’ve said that it took a death to make me realize that I can’t stop writing and that I have so much to offer the world. But I’m glad that my family motivated me to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment